The Halifax Transit Technology Roadmap identified all technology-enabled business initiatives required to support its key business drivers, to improve service quality and customer satisfaction. The roadmap recommended the sequence of 33 projects over a five year period and estimated cost to develop and implement best practice business processes through sector-leading technology solutions.
Client: Halifax Regional Municipality – Halifax Transit
Location: Halifax, NS
Barrington Consulting won the Program Management Office (PMO) for the Halifax Transit Technology Program. The PMO is involved in carrying out various functions, such as,
- Providing a PMO team including Program Manager, Change Manager, Solution Architect, Security Architect and Business Analyst;
- Establishing processes, procedures, strategy frameworks and governance for the program;
- On-going coordination for all HTTP work;
- Coordinating procurement activities for major projects within the program;
- Transitioning business and technical functions from the projects to Halifax staff.
The Program Management Office team working on the multi-year Halifax Transit Technology Program has achieved the following up to December 2014,
- Established as central coordination point providing oversight and direction for all HTTP projects;
- Established as central point for tracking and monitoring HTTP projects and initiatives;
- Established as central point for program stakeholder engagement;
- Established Change Management Strategy and Program Solution Architecture, to guide all projects within the program;
- Initiated AVL+ projects, including Automatic Vehicle Location, Public Interfaces / Traveler Information, Automated Vehicle Announcements, Automated Passenger Counters and Headsign Integration;
- Initiated procurement activities for Driving Simulator, Fare Management and Fixed Route Scheduling.
The New Brunswick Liquor Corporation embarked on an initiative to perform an assessment of its Information Technology (IT) assets, capabilities and services to determine how to improve support to the…
The Halifax Transit Technology Roadmap identified all technology-enabled business initiatives required to support its key business drivers, to improve service quality and customer satisfaction. The roadmap recommended the sequence of…
Service Nova Scotia is focused on making it easier for businesses and citizens to interact with government. A new digital service would allow businesses to apply for and renew licences,…