The establishment of a modernised Motor Vehicle Authority (MVA) in Trinidad and Tobago is a major priority for the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago (GoRTT). Based on its overall vision to fashion and construct a more secure and sustainable future for its citizens, GoRTT has embarked on an initiative to implement a complete motor vehicle solution that will enable it to transform and modernise how motor vehicle and drivers’ licensing services are delivered within Trinidad and Tobago. This outcome-based approach will enable the transformation of a public sector agency to deliver service in a multi-faceted and highly integrated manner; providing greater internal efficiency and more effective service delivery.
Client: Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
Location: Port of Spain, Trinidad
Barrington Consulting was called upon to provide services in the following areas:
- The establishment of a Motor Vehicle Authority, the ‘MVA’, which will be citizen-centric and dedicated to service delivery;
- The acquisition, adaptation, improvement, and implementation of a complete business software system which introduces the best practices of the Province of Nova Scotia into the operations of the Licensing Department;
- The introduction of new secure driving licenses which will improve the identification of citizens and reduce fraud;
- The introduction of highly secure vehicle plates which will facilitate the management and control of the illegal use of motor vehicles, leading to a positive impact on the level of crime;
- The creation of modern enabling policies, legislation, regulations, business processes and procedures;
- The strategic introduction of new technologies such as Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) and automatic number plate recognition which will be utilized for crime detection and reduction, and for compliance improvements with the rules governing the use of roads ;
- Knowledge transfer and appropriate training of all members of staff, including strategic deployment of management and operational personnel from Nova Scotia to enable mentoring, staff development and the institutionalization of change.
- The development of a multi-year business plan to include competitive intelligence to identify key opportunities and risks.
- The development of a financial plan to include the identification of revenue growth strategies related either to the core business or new areas.
The Ministry of Transport gained valuable insight into the development of a Motor Vehicle Authority. Through close collaboration with Barrington Consulting, the Ministry was able to:
- Develop fully functional and internationally accepted best practice technological requirements;
- Survey the landscape and identify gaps in the service sector which provides the new Authority with much needed opportunity areas;
- Survey the landscape and identify the relevant risk areas and perform the necessary risk management strategies; and,
- Identify new channels for opportunity and by extension new and sustainable revenue streams (e.g. Personalized License Plates, Driver’s Extract, Rental of commercial space for auxiliary services at MVA locations)
The Drug Information System (DIS) is an important component of the Electronic Health Record (EHR) architecture and one of the key core clinical components of the Electronic Health Record (EHR).…
The New Brunswick Liquor Corporation embarked on an initiative to perform an assessment of its Information Technology (IT) assets, capabilities and services to determine how to improve support to the…
The establishment of a modernised Motor Vehicle Authority (MVA) in Trinidad and Tobago is a major priority for the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago (GoRTT). Based on…
The Halifax Transit Technology Roadmap identified all technology-enabled business initiatives required to support its key business drivers, to improve service quality and customer satisfaction. The roadmap recommended the sequence of…
Service Nova Scotia is focused on making it easier for businesses and citizens to interact with government. A new web application would allow businesses to apply for and renew licences,…
The main objective of this program is to support the Government of Jordan in building high quality inspection services that will lead to effective public inspections where scarce government resources…